Rhododendron Research Discussion Forum
Rhododendron Research Discussion Forum
R-RN Home | Forum Home | Edit Profile | Register | Active Topics | View Members | Search Forums | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Rhododendron Research Discussion
 Rhododendron Opportunities
 Anatomy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

enilsen

USA
1 Posts

Posted - March 12 2020 :  06:52:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply to Topic
Anatomy
Over the past 10 years I have been studying the variation in anatomical traits among Rhododendron species. Are other members of the R-RN interested in this topic? And if so what suggestions do you have about gathering the available data into a useable database for all members.

JulianaMedeiros

USA
12 Posts

Posted - April 30 2020 :  09:57:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply without Quote
Yes! Anatomy is the great unifier! I also have data on anatomy, and there is a great deal of it out there in the older literature too, I would love to discuss building an anatomy database. I have played around with standard spreadsheet format, maybe we could try putting our data together to prototype what a general format would look like?
Go to Top of Page

RhodoRyan

USA
2 Posts

Posted - May 14 2020 :  5:09:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply without Quote
Yes! This would be great and it applies directly to my dissertation. In particular, your work on the scales of the Lepidote Rhododendrons is very interesting!
Go to Top of Page

JulianaMedeiros

USA
12 Posts

Posted - October 20 2020 :  1:50:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Reply without Quote
Hey anatomy friends,
I just posted a call for papers over in Rhododendron Opportunities, we want anatomical papers! head over there and check it out!

Deadline for manuscript submissions: 31 July 2021.

https://www.mdpi.com/journal/plants/special_issues/rhododendron
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Rhododendron Research Discussion Forum © 1998-2022 American Rhododendron Society Go To Top Of Page